In an effort to keep my hands busy I finally completed a DIY yesterday. My sewing is a little rusty but I really enjoyed it. Here is a link to the lesson from the blog Stars for Streetlights. I think the bow might be a little too big. I can imagine wearing them with black shorts and a black shirt. Soon, very soon I’ll be able to do that!
Now, what to do next? Any suggestions?
The one thing I’m looking forward to about losing my excess weight is ‘allowing’ myself to buy one of the ‘dresses of my dreams’. I think this dress, designed by Victoria Beckham is just beautiful. No I don’t want to be skinny like her, but I cannot wait to see my waist again and show off my legs.
This dress will be one of my rewards for all the hard work I am putting in at the moment. I must admit that re-reading the last sentence, I realise that the real reward comes in the form of:
- Having more energy than I know what to do with
- Not ONE hot flush since the day I started this new eating regime
- Knowing that I will live a longer and more productive life
- Being able to not worry about getting dressed every morning
- Having people telling me that my skin is ‘glowing’
- Being able to focus at work for hours on end
- Seeing Mr Man look at me with pride
- Looking at myself with pride
- Actually wanting to be more active on a daily basis
- Depression slowly making a retreat
- Making summer my ‘bitch’ – I want to write about this at length, but for the past 5 years or so since putting on this weight I have hated the thought of summer and having to get dressed in clothes that didn’t completely cover my body
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Here’s to nearly 28 days of eating well and not drinking.
Today is fast day and you know what that calls for – pretty shoes to look at that will, undoubtedly, make me feel better every time I glance down at them.
What are you doing today, or how are you treating yourself?
One of the things that keeps me going is thinking about what I am going to wear when I get back my body – in fact it’s one of the main things that inspires me. The pictures above really represent the types of things I like to wear. Consider this an ‘inspiration to shed’ post.
That’s all for tonight – I am exhausted and going to bed.
My silver shoes always make me feel better – today I am fasting so I needed to wear these. Each time I look down, I will smile and think about the prize at the end of the year! I love to call them my “glomesh” shoes