- Smile at a stranger
- Wear a really silky dress
- Listen to your favorite three songs on repeat
- Gulp down your favorite drink
- Don’t consider buying a single thing, just go out into the world with total control and complete contentedness – you have everything you could ever need
- Take photos
- Write a letter to someone you miss
- Talk with someone you miss
- Ride a bike and only think about the wind on your face
- Breathe deep
Tomorrow I go on vacation near the water for three days. Alone. All by myself. I am so nervous and excited at the same time. I’ve not really done this before, and whilst it might not be a long time, it will be much needed time for me to heal and to re-evaluate what I’m doing and where I want to be going. Being sick in the middle of the year has taken it’s toll and I’ve finally realised I need to take stock, put my feet in ocean and ground myself. Literally. I have my Kindle full of books, an ipod full of music and nothing but the ocean to look at.
I will shop at the Farmers Market, eat fresh fish that have been caught the same day, find a yoga class, get a facial or massage and realise how very lucky I am to have this opportunity to reflect.
I found this post just now about the ‘Recipe for a great day’ and couldn’t agree more – let’s see how many I can tick off – but only if I want to.