Let it be known that today – the 6th February, 2012 – I am taking back responsibility for my health. Today at 1.30pm I am back at Dr. Rensburg to finally succeed in doing what I didn’t quite do last time; to finally take this weight off once and for all.
Yesterday I gave myself a free pass in the kitchen. I could have whatever I wanted, when I wanted it. It was horrible. I ate but I didn’t enjoy it one bit. I threw it all away this morning – and then I realised that I am ready.
I know in my head I am so so ready. I have been reading all my old notes and I came across this interesting sheet where he got you to write down ’12 reasons why you want to reach your goal weight’. I had only managed two. They were:
- Getting out of bed in the morning and feeling energised.
- Being able to fit back into my beautiful clothes again.
Well now I think it’s time I actually add a few more to that list. Let’s start with:
- Being able to walk with my shoulders back and not feel ashamed of my body – (although I do have a newly found respect for it during this process).
- Feeling ‘lighter’ in spirit. I have noticed that my heart feels very heavy – almost depressed. I am unable to concentrate as much as I use to. I really need to be able to do with the work I do.
- Find the joy in the little things. 2011 was a rough one – but we’re on the way up. I want to be appreciative for the support I received over this very rocky period.
- This year I turn 46. I want to hit the 11th July at my goal weight of 63kgs by then. I know there will be ups and downs but I am prepared mentally and I know that’s the most important thing to get right.
I will check back in over the coming days – maybe even show you shots of the food (or lack there of) that I prepare.
I really am wishing me luck.