There are a number of *weight-loss blogs I read on a daily basis. They are all inspirational in their own way. As I make my way through this journey, I turn to them for support (thanks Di), ideas, recipes (thanks Betty), new exercises and their wonderful humour.
I just came across this post from One-Twenty-Five. Her post title forty things I like about losing forty pounds, rang so true for me and how I am beginning to feel about myself. I started to talk about it a little in this post.
- Heels. High, high heels. I used to think I looked like an elephant balancing on heels, and hated wearing them. Now I embrace them.
- Rings. I wear normal size rings now. This used to be a HUGE fear of mine – getting engaged and my ring finger being too fat for the ring.
- Being able to cross and uncross my legs comfortably and easily. No hand help now, thankyouverymuch.
- Feeling so much healthier, stronger, happier.
- Waking up in the morning, lying in bed, and mentally deciding what to wear – everything I own now fits! Whereas, it used to be whatever fits me today..
- Hearing compliments. Losing weight is bloody hard, so it’s always nice to hear I look good.
- Being able to (somewhat) share clothes with friends. To share clothes with my sister is the ultimate goal…
It’s starting to get hot in Perth – this means a good 5-6 months of heat – hot, dry heat. But this year, I am going to make summer my bitch. Not quite sure how at the moment, but I am thinking about it.
*Let the record reflect that I have a passionate dislike for the term ‘weight-loss blog’.